Česky | English
Infomail: fio@fio.cz

Introduction > Banking Services > Loans > Margin Trading > Details of margin trading in the Czech Republic

Margin trading with stocks in the Czech Republic

Selected securities at Burza cenných papírů Praha a. s. (PSE) and RM-SYSTEM, české burzy cenných papírů a.s. are available for trading.

A loan can be used to cover up to 85% of the total volume of the investment.

What are the margin trading costs?

Fees for margin trading securities are composed of two sections.

1) Credit limit origination feee.

This fee is paid 3 months in advance and cannot be returned. The client defines the credit limit at signature of the loan agreement. The credit limit is the maximum amount the creditor (Fio banka) is willing to provide the client with at any moment during the valid term of the loan agreement. This credit limit can be increased, decreased or completely cancelled by concluding an addendum to the loan agreement in person at any bank branch.

2) Fees for the actual use of the credit line.

Fees for using the credit limit are calculated like an overdraft based on the balance of the loan account at the end of the trading day. Loan interest is charged as a rule on the first day of the following calendar month. If the client uses the credit limit during the day and repays the amount before the end of the trading day, no interest is charged for the use of the credit limit for intraday trading. The amount of interest charged for the use of the credit limit depends on the average amount of the credit limit used in the month and on the loan program the client selects at conclusion of the loan agreement.

Active Trading Loan Program (Speculative)

This loan program is for active traders who take speculative positions. Up to 85% of the total value of the investment can be covered by a loan.

The interest rate is 11.8 % p.a. - if the average use of the credit line during the calendar month is higher, a discount from the interest rate will be applied, see the "Bonus Plan" below.

Long-term Investor Loan Program (Investor)

This loan program is for long-term and mid-term investors. Up to 70% of the total value of the investment can be covered by a loan.

The interest rate is 7.8 % p.a. Every purchase or sale is also subject to a fee of 0.12% of the transaction volume, which is calculated as a standard fee pursuant to the trading Pricelist (max. CZK 2,400 / lot).

Tariff Required
collateral
Interest
rate (p.a.)
Origination fee
(quarterly)
Fees for
for trading
Speculative min. 15% 11.80% max. 0.47% Standard
Investor min. 30% 7.80% max. 0.47% Standard + extra charge 0,12 %, (max. 2,400 CZK)

Do you want to start margin trading?

What is a loan coefficient?

The loan coefficient provides the client with information about how much of an investment can be covered using a margin trading loan. Every security has a different loan coefficient, e.g. for Fortuna the loan coefficient is 0.30 - meaning an investment can be made using 30% of the investor's own funds and 70% of the value of the investment can be covered by the loan. This is the maximum possible loan for this security. The minimum loan amount is not limited - a loan can be used to cover 10% of the investment and the investor's own funds can be used to cover the remaining 90% for example.

The loan can be repaid in part or in full at any time. In this case, the credit limit is immediately decreased or cancelled.


Loan coefficients for individual Czech titles

Company nameTickerProgram for active tradingProgram for a longer-term investment
ALPHABETBAAGOOGL0,300,30
APPLE INCBAAAAPL0,300,30
AVASTBAAAVAST0,300,50
CETVBAACETV0,250,30
ČEZBAACEZ0,150,30
DAIMLER AGBAADAI0,300,30
DEUTSCHE BANKBAADBK0,300,30
DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AGBAADETEL0,300,30
ERSTE GROUP BANK AGBAAERBAG0,150,30
FACEBOOK INCBAAFB0,300,30
KOFOLA ČSBABKOFOL0,300,30
KOMERČNÍ BANKABAAKOMB0,150,30
MONETA MONEY BANKBAAGECBA0,150,30
O2 C.R.BAATELEC0,200,50
PFNONWOVENSBAAPEGAS0,200,30
PHILIP MORRIS ČRBAATABAK0,200,30
STOCK SPIRITS GROUPBAASTOCK0,300,50
TWITTER INCBAATWTR0,300,30
VIGBAAVIG0,250,30

Bonus plan - active trading program

Average credit lineBonus
ZK and more-0,25 % p.a.
ZK and more-0,50 % p.a.

Bonus plan - long-term investment program

Average credit lineBonus
ZK and more-0,75 % p.a.
ZK and more-1,50 % p.a.
ZK and more-2,00 % p.a.

Quarterly loan origination fee

Loan frameworkLoan origination fee
to ZK0,47 %
ZK and more0,42 %
ZK and more0,37 %
ZK and more0,30 %

Reference lending rates

CurrencyReference rate
CZK8,50 %
e-Broker

Login | Create demo

Internetbanking

Login | Create demo

Search in contacts

Map CR
Facebook Twitter YouTube
Twitter LinkedIn

Exchange Rates

BuySell
EUR24,8751726,15083
USD22,5478523,70416
GBP29,0150230,50298
CHF22,6707023,83331
PLN5,825626,12438

Other currencies


These sites use cookies. By using these sites you consent to their use. More information X