This type of service is used by clients who trade securities for two main purposes. The first of these is to ensure any risks of losses from foreign exchange rate changes are covered. The second is to complete a trade in another currency than the one the client currently has available on his or her trading account in order to avoid making a purchase on the foreign exchange market. This allows a client to save on costs in the difference between the purchase and sale price of the currency.
- Loans can be used to purchase any stocks registered on the markets in the Czech Republic, Germany, the US and Poland.
- Save on currency conversion fees - the currency spread.
- Easy transfer of trading activities between domestic and foreign markets.
- If a currency strengthens, you can repay the loan thanks to the current foreign exchange rate, thereby allowing you to realize an exchange profit from the secured foreign exchange position.
Protect against currency risk using a unique Fio banka product!
How does a currency loan work?
The currency the client has on his or her account serves to secure the currency loan for Fio. Currencies that can be used to secure funds are CZK, USD, EUR, PLN and HUF. A currency loan is drawn if your trading account has an insufficient cash balance in the currency used for the given trade. E.g. If a client decides to purchase securities totaling USD 10,000 and the trading account only has USD 6,000 and CZK 100,000 - a currency loan is used for the remaining USD 4,000 to borrow against the CZK balance.
How can you get a currency loan?
- Become a bank client - more information here.
- A currency loan contract can be signed electronically using the e-Broker application in the "Contracts" section.
Loan conditions and price
- The loan price is calculated on a daily basis on the drawn currency at the end of the trading day.
- The interest rate is 2.00% p.a. above the reference interest rate for the borrowed currency.
- There are no fees for originating the loan.
- There are no fees for the exchange transaction.